Traveling with friends can be described as a sentence in The Tale of Two Cities, “it was the best of times, it was the worst of times…” Your friends can push you to try new things and be adventurous or they can keep you from doing more. Therefore when you travel with friends its safe to say it is better to have a list of DOs and DONTs. Below you will find our advice on what we think are good general guidelines for traveling with friends to ensure you all get to do everything you desire.
- Tell your friends you have specific sites to see with or without them during this trip.
- Go by the you only live once saying, that way if someones sleeping the day away you can go explore guilt free.
- If you are detail oriented, make an itinerary everyone can live with.
- Don’t be offended if you are the friend that gets left because you were sleeping in.
- Don’t worry about doing every activity with your friends. I promise they will be ok.
- Don’t let your friends talk you out of seeing something you planned to. You will likely regret it later.
Our travel tip this tuesday is to make sure you take extra precautions for preventing theft or being prepared if it happens to you. You can do the following to help prevent and prepare yourself in case.
- purchase travel insurance, especially if you have expensive possessions with you
- keep a lock on the zipper to what holds your money
- keep a copy of all your documents(ID, passport, visa, insurance information, phone numbers)
- back up all data on your laptop, phone, etc
- carry a whistle with you at all times- you can purchase them online for a few dollars