Traveling with children can be extremely difficult, especially young children. Here are some tips to parents out there who can’t be away from their kids to travel. After all, you spend much time and energy planning a trip, you naturally want to be able to enjoy it without the kids screaming and crying the whole time.
- When you are planning your trip look up kid friendly options and let your children pick one activity each that you will do together.
- If they are over the age of two don’t drag them through every museum you want to see.
- Carry a baggie with a few crayons and notepad to occupy them during down time.
- Each day you are away visit the closest market and let them pick out their snacks for that will take along for the day.
- Don’t try to fit in too much. Your children could tire out a lot faster that way and grow impatient as well.
- Let them pick one souvenir from the trip to take home with them.
- Let them help pick out their outfits to wear on the trip.
- Take a baggie of a few small toys for them on the trip. For example, a little boy maybe a few matchbox cars, a girl some farm animal figures.
- Don’t forget to bring the kids shampoo/bodywash. Hotels are usually not kid friendly.
- Have a little quiet time in the middle of the day. Don’t make them nap necessarily but let them watch a show or lay down and read a book. That way they don’t get too tired before the end of the day.
I hope these tips are able to help you enjoy your future travels with your family.